Love my Vintage Hutch...

Hey guys! So I scored this vintage hutch for free about a week ago on Craigslist and knew it had major potential! Its solid wood and a great size and I wanted it for my entry way. It had some damage to the sliding doors but nothing that my sander couldn't fix. Here's the before...
 
Please pardon the lack of quality in the picture...I couldn't find my camera at the moment so I used my phone. You can see its potential but definatly not digging the wood or the chewed up doors. So I knew I wanted to paint this Heirloom White because it would be going on the same wall as This and I wanted it to match. So after a TON of sanding, 3 cans (thats right I said CANS) of Heirloom White, and about 2 coats of Wipe on Poly to protect my handywork...it turned into this...


You guys can probably tell that I'm a little excited about it! Its so perfect in that spot and I had planned to put a lamp on top of it but then I realized that there is NO PLUG IN ON THE WALL! Not fair! I even had a lampshade all picked out....oh well its a great place for a vase and a cute bowl for keys and another cute shabby planter that I picked up for a buck at the thrift that we'll use for mail! 

4 comments:

  1. That turned out amazing! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! Thanks for visiting my blog. I did one very similiar. http://septemberthemarch.blogspot.com/2010/01/100th-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - that turned out gorgeous...I love the white chippyness - Looks like its been that way for ages (which is exactly how we WANT it to look!) Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay - do NOT put that on Craigslist - you must keep it. It is awesome. Okay, you can put it up, but you have to list it for a boatload so that no one will buy it. It is fantastic! I wish I had a place for it. I would so buy it for a boatload!

    ReplyDelete