Lets be honest...

Bloggers have a nasty habit. We always want people to see us, our homes, our families in their best light. We don't want people to know the mess that's hidden just out of sight in the picture, or the Mommy that's taking pictures of her mantle and her cute furniture redo instead of  herself because she is still in her pajamas at 2pm! That's what's real folks! I adore blogs...don't get me wrong. Blog reading is one of my most favorite ways to unwind. I have gotten into the habit though, of only posting when I have something that I feel is interesting and worth sharing. I have definately gotten into the habit of sugercoating MY reality. I recently read a post by The Wiegand's (Love her!) that really helped me put things into perspective. I realized that as a woman, a Mommy, a blogger...I haven't been helping other's by not showing the "real" me...mess and all! Instead of being honest and raw and unapologetic about my life and the ups and downs that go along with it, I've been helping to perpetuate a feeling of inadequacy. Flaws are a beautiful and magical thing and they tell a powerful story! Without our flaws we wouldn't be us! There is no one out there that is perfect. God has a plan for you and me and is going to use us....flaws and all! I found something on pinterest recently that hit home...












Or this....











I want this blog to not only be a place to share my furniture projects and creative ideas, but also a place to share my  heart with all of you! I pray that we can begin to celebrate all the flaws that make us who we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment