Free is a very good price!

Hey there! Don't you all love getting amazing, wonderful, slightly beaten up furniture for free? Ya me too!!! I recently did an estate liquidation job and scored some really amazing free furniture! It was all in need of some serious TLC but that's right up my alley...actually I PREFER it like that! Its no fun when the furniture is perfect! ;) Well I almost passed on this little nightstand. It was missing a drawer and although it was sturdy I just couldn't see myself being able to do much with it minus the drawer. But when it was still around on the last day of the liquidation and it was about to be hauled to the dump I thought HEY NOW...its definitely worth a shot! Well I am SO glad I took her home because she's super purty now and I don't even mind that she's missing a drawer! She started out looking like this....




Please forgive the grainy cell phone picture. My camera was missing and I was desperate to get a "before" pic quickly so I could get started on it. This pic was taken after I removed the hardwear and lightly sanded it all over. You can see that the corners are super beat up, veneer was peeling, etc. She needed a major over haul! Luckly some primer and several light coats of Rustoleum's semi gloss white later and she was looking MUCH better...



Better huh? I plan to either sell her or get a basket that better fills that space...but that'll wait until later.
Linking to Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest  
Linking to Catch as Catch Can at My Repurposed Life
Linking to Power of Paint party at Domestically Speaking
Linking to Flaunt it Friday at Chic on a Shoestring
Linking to Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard Seed
Linking to Twice Owned Tuesday at House of Grace

12 comments:

  1. It looks so great! The color, and the distressing~perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love the freebies! This came out great, love the color and distressing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, just found your blog, and am so glad I did! We are of like minds. Love my Craigslist and Kijiji free section as well. I have a post on free bricks I found off two separate Kijiji listings, which I posted about on my blog, "House Pretty". Am your newest follower. Would love if you would check out my "working on it" blog if you get a chance and follow in kind. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you from Miss Mustard Seed ... your nightstand is gorgeous! Love the shape and details. You did a wonderful job transforming it into a beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out so cute! It had really good "bones", great makeover! Thanks for linking my Flaunt it Friday party, I'm featuring you. Please stop by and grab an "I was featured" button if you'd like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful makeover! Love the shabby chic style it has.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this little nightstand. What an amazing transformation! Did you make a drawer?

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that's beautiful! So charming now, love the distressing and the basket too, bravo!!!!

    xo

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Before I scrolled down to see what you did I tried to decide what I'd do with it and came up empty. What a smart solution and a great result.

    Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog via Kate's, isn't she the best?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelsey! Your new FREE piece is fabulous! I love it with the basket!
    gail
    ps "catching" you this week @ ccc

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooohhhh, BEAUTIFUL curves, beautiful lines...fabulous tranformation! So pleased you didn't let it go!

    ReplyDelete